Student Online Learning
Office 365 Email Platform (Free Microsoft Office for students)
All students are issued with an Office 365 account when they join North Huddersfield School. Office 365 is the schools main communication platform between staff and students and comes with some great features for students.
Students can log in to Office using the link below.
All students can:
- Email their teachers and peers
- Download the full Microsoft Office Suite at home for FREE on up to 5 computers or laptops (students must have access to their Office 365 account in order to do this)
Certain policies have been put in place to safeguard students when using the Office 365 platform whilst still giving students rich learning opportunities – these inlcude:
- All student passwords must be of a certain complexity of at least 8 characters, including a capital letter and a number
- Students cannot send emails to non school email addresses
- Students can however, receive emails from external senders so that subscriptions can be made to educational platforms
- Student email activity is monitored frequently to ensure the platform is being used safely and appropriately
Frog - The Homework Portal
Frog – The Homework Portal is the schools VLE(Virtual Learning Environment). All students are issued with an account when they join us at North Huddersfield Trust School.
Their username and password for Frog ALWAYS remain the same as their school network (school computer) login details.
Within Frog students have access to:
- An abundance of learning materials their teachers have granted access to.
- Their school network home and shared resource areas
- All homework activities including instructions, useful resources and online activities
For more information on homework, please see the link below.
GCSEPod is an online learning platform available to all students however, this resource is tailored to Key Stage 4 students.
At the heart of GCSEPod are the videos. Otherwise known as “Pods”. Each one is a highly concentrated, 3-5-minute burst of audio-visual learning and is written by expert subject teachers then rigorously quality assured. Every pod is mapped to GCSE and IGCSE exam boards making this a fantastic resource for students.
All students can access GCSEPod by logging into Frog and clicking the GCSEPod link on the student dashboard. The first time a student accesses GCSEPod they will be prompted to set themselves a username and password (we advise students to use the same username and password as their school network) and thereafter if GCSEPod is accessed via Frog students will not be required to enter any login details.
If a student has forgotten their login details for GCSEPod these can be reset by clicking the GCSEPod link on Frog and then clicking ‘My account‘. The student simply updates their username and password and clicks ‘Save‘.
GCSEPod have also released a mobile app for both Apple and Android devices so students can learn anywhere, anytime straight from their mobile devices. Students simply need to enter the login details they specified when signing up to GCSEPod.
Students can search and complete 1000’s of prebuilt, self-marking quizzes that earns them points to spend within the platform. The points can be used to purchase short games to play alongside their quizzes or ‘extras’ for their avatar character.
All students can access FrogPlay by logging into Frog and clicking the FrogPlay link on the student dashboard. The quizzes can be accessed by clicking the computer screen on the FrogPlay dashboard.
Students can search and complete 1000’s of pre-built, self-marking quizzes and learning activities that earn them points to compete with their friends and spend within the platform. The points can be used to purchase ‘extras’ for their avatar character.
All students can access SamLearning using the login details issued to them by their teachers. Student usernames are constructed of a students date of birth followed by their initials.
For example John Smith who was born on 19th January 1998 would have a username and password of 190198JS